South Sound Women’s Center was established in 1993. We have worked diligently to improve our level of care and services since that time. There are five Ob/Gyn specialists and a Physicians Assistant on staff to provide care for the women of Southwest Washington. Our patient base stretches beyond Thurston County to Mason, Grays Harbor, Lewis and Pierce Counties.
Our Unique Services
- All providers at the same location.
- In office lab technician so blood work can be drawn in our office.
- In office Ultrasound.
- Numerous in office procedures that save time and money.
- Colposcopy (Evaluation of Abnormal PAP)
- Uterine Ablation (Novasure)
- Hysteroscopy (Evaluation of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding)
- LEEP (Excision of Abnormal Cervical Cells)
- Cystometrogram or CMG (Evaluation of Bladder Control Problems)
- Potassium Sensitivity Test or PST (Diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis)
- Essure (Sterilization)
- Screening and diagnostic mammograms, standard and digital, at diagnostic imaging center located in suite across the hall from SSWC that can be performed at the same time as your Annual Exam.
- Bone density screening for Osteoporosis just across the hall from our office.
- Six providers available so patients do not have to wait when problems arise.
- Our office is only seconds away from Capital Medical Center's Labor & Delivery suite.
Office Hours and Appointments
Our office hours are 8:30 am until 5 pm with lunch from 12pm to 1pm Monday through Friday. When scheduling your appointment please give the reasons for your visit. We can then allow an appropriate amount of time for the provider to evaluate your individual situation. We try to keep on schedule, but due to the nature of our practice a provider may be called away for a delivery, or a patient’s appointment prior to yours may take a little longer than anticipated. Our receptionists will keep you informed if there will be a delay in your appointment. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give this time to another patient needing medical care.
After office hours you may access our message center by calling our main business telephone number, 705-1259 or 1-800-633-1877. If your call is urgent you will be able to speak with the provider on call by following the instructions in our message center. If the call is of a non-emergent nature please leave a message. Please be advised that there will be no prescription refills after hours.
Due to our type of practice we handle a large volume of calls. We have nurses who are trained to answer questions and advise patients. All urgent calls will be handled as emergencies, however, other problems or conditions may need to be discussed with a provider first. Our goal is to have an answer or recommendation by the end of the day. Please initiate refill requests through your pharmacy.
Your medical record is confidential. We follow HIPAA rules and do not give out information without written permission from you. South Sound Women’s Center now uses electronic medical records. Before your first appointment you will be asked to complete your health history online at https://patientportal.digichart.com.
If you wish to obtain a copy of your medical record for:
Obtain records for SSWC from another provider's office
Obtain records for another provider's office from SSWC.
Please select the following link to view and/or print our Medical Records Release for as a pdf file.
Due to the passage of a Washington State women’s healthcare law, a referral from your primary care provider may not be required when you are seen in our office for a reproductive healthcare issue. Please check with your insurance company prior to your appointment to avoid any delays.