In-Office Bladder Function Testing
- This procedure evaluates bladder function and is used in selected patients who have uncontrollable loss of urine. (Urinary Incontinence)
- No sedation or anesthesia is needed.
- All patients can have this procedure done in the office.
- A small catheter is inserted into the bladder and another in the rectum.
- The bladder is then slowly filled with water and the CMG records the pressures.
- Patients are asked to cough or bear down to observe for leaking.
- Once the patient feels their bladder is full, the catheter is slowly withdrawn to measure the pressure in the urethra.
- Full recovery can be expected immediately following the procedure.
- Please call the office if you develop fever over 100.4 F after the CMG.